Is there a resource on the internet where you can look at different
screenshots and see what the source is for some of the signals that
are translated by the waterfall? I see so many different geometric
forms based on the nature of the Rf and they are a mystery to me.  CW
is pretty easy to detect, same with RTTY. Some of the other digital
signals have their own appearance you see often. There are some
signals I have heard before but now to see them portrayed on a screen
as in a waterfall, they are surprising to me and I'd like to know
what they are.

For instance; I was on 10.1 MHz and there's that constant commercial
RTTY station around 10.101 but next to it around 10.112 is another
much larger signal and it takes a lot of bandwidth. At first I
thought it was some new digital mode I haven't yet seen but it is
continuous so it must be commercial. It looks to be a series of
curled sections spiralling with each other. I've heard this signal
before but just now with the P3 with its SVGA larger output, am able
to see it.

http://doctorgary.net/p3screen.jpg

I'd like to be able to identify what kinds of signals make the QRM
that we hear but can now see with the waterfall display.

73,

Gary
KA1J

---