Ron - If something similar to this is available in the USA, I would recommend this...
http://www.rapidonline.com/Electrical-Power/36W-Volt-Adjustable-Multi-Output-PSU-85-2908

I used one of these with my KX3 during a recent visit to Florida. It operates from 100 to 240V input and is supplied with a range of output connectors. By the use of fixed resistors plugged into its side, output voltages from 5 to 24V can be obtained. I used it with the 14V resistor and this provided adequate current to drive the KX3 to full power. Spurious radiation from the PSU was found to be minimal.

73

David

In a recent message, Ron Bell <mongoose1...@googlemail.com> writes
I am looking for a small/light weight 12v (110/220v) switching power supply
for my KX3, rated for 3amps or more to take with me on the road.

Any recommendations?  More concerned with reliability and that it's quiet
than I am cost.
--
 | David M Pratt, Kippax, Leeds.   |