I'm curious if anyone has an idea if/how the VOX function could be
automatically DISABLED when using JUST the TRANSVERTER bands? I use my K3/10
with transverters for 50MHz-10GHz. When using the transverters,  I must NOT use
VOX because this would bypass the TX sequencer which could cause major mayhem.
My transverters use 14 or 28MHz IF from the K3. I now just have to be VERY SURE
that the VOX is disabled prior to transverter use. No big deal to do, but could
be VERY EASY to forget in my advancing age :-) .... bad error .... bad day ...

   This has never been a problem until now because after 5yrs I now have a HF
PA (KXPA-100) for my 10W K3 and I am having a blast on HF with the best radio I
have ever owned. It seemed a shame to have the K3 use limited to 50MHz-10GHz.

  My KXPA100 observations after 4days. Happy in general when used with the
K3/10. At times the ATU tuning with non-resonate antennas can be "fussy".
Occasional "Faults" that often can be remedied by reducing  drive and trying
again. (Why reducing power when tuning with the preset "Tune" power from the K3
does not make sense, maybe just need to try multiple times?) One ODD
observation is that I see a K3 SWR as high as 1:3 on some bands/frequencies.
The PA SWR indicates a better match to the antenna than the SWR being presented
to the K3 by the KXPA-100. I tried running with the 3db internal pad in the
KXPA-100 expecting a better match to the K3 but the pad seemed to make no
difference in match. ODD to me. With the pad I expected a 50ohm match.

73 Bill   K0AWU