Tom,
Check that your MKII has the capacitor modification that decouples the USB
cable
shield. If not,  RF on the cable can cause audio problems. Details are on the
MicroHam site.

73
Stewart G3RXQ

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 17:58:00 -0400, tom...@videotron.ca wrote:
> Ok, thanks, that's what I thought. A little more complicated since I have a
MicroHam microkeyer II in the circuit but probably fixable.

> 73's Tom
>
> On 3/11/14, "donehrl...@q.com" <donehrl...@q.com> wrote:
>> Almost certainly RF getting into the mic circuit. Try a different mic .. or
use the rear panel mic connector as a check. You probably have high SWR into
the
antenna feedline (or coax) after the tuner on 20 meters and that is why you
only
see problem on 20M. High SWR on the feedline (Note: your rig can be seeing low
swr .. it is AFTER the tuner where you have high SWR) results in high current
or
high voltage that then couples into other shack wiring. Of course, the higher
power from the KPA500 pushes those voltages/currents to levels that are more
likely to cause problems. Been there, done that .. many times.

>> Don K7FJ
>>

>> >Ok,
>> >
>> >So my audio is quite distorted as I can hear in my headphones with the
monitor. But this only happens on 20m and only with the KPA500 in operate.