I have a 4S1P LiFePO4 [A123] pack.  I quote from the label:

"Unregulated for purposes of transportation by the US Department of Transportation (DOT), and not subject to OSHA Hazard Communication Requirement. Approved by TSA for carry-on baggage. Contains less than 8 grams equivalent lithium content per pack."

I believe mine is between 3 and 4 Ah capacity. I know it will run my K2 on CW at 5W nearly forever it seems. I've taken it on two flights with my K2 in one of Rose's cases as carry-on, in neither case did TSA look inside the canvas case although they spent a lot of time on me and the braces on my legs. FWIW, mine has a short pigtail terminated in APP's. The balancing cable is shorter and terminates in a small in-line plug.

I do know that LiFePO4 chemistry is considerably more stable than Li-Poly, I had a small Li-Poly catch fire while [externally!!] powering my KX1, and the fact sheet that came with it specifically said I could not fly with it or mail it.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2014 Cal QSO Party 4-5 Oct 2014
- www.cqp.org