Hi,

Bringing a few pieces of ham gear to Canada by car and bringing it back has
never been a problem for me and I would never dream of getting the forms
alluded to. We have done numerous trips into Ontario from New York and never
encountered any problem. U.S. customs agent do not care much about personal
belongings. What they do care about is people, drugs, vegetables and meats.
The sign at the border says to declare all items *obtained* in Canada, not
items returned to the U.S. Sometimes they will inspect the interior of the
car and they never lift an eyebrow at the sight of radio equipment. Now,
given, we cross at the Thousand Islands bridge which is a very easygoing
border crossing on both sides and they know us from multiple crossings (they
surely keep records). Your mileage may vary.

AB2TC - Knut

Ray Fallen wrote