I tend to agree Eric. I have not commented yet. We need to understand what
happened with the original message in this thread and more importantly how
to prevent it. Power cuts happen, for whatever reason and we can't have them
bricking the radio, whatever it happens to be doing at the time. I am sure
Elecraft have been working on it, probably late into the night.

For the record, I like my K3, it has excellent design and is one of the best
transceivers available to date. Much of this is due to firmware which has no
doubt grown to be a very complex system, with all that entails. I like
powerpoles, they work well and mine don't fall out. They easily handle 30A.
Crimps are best avoided unless done professionally so I always solder them.
They have revolutionised my station's configuration providing quick reliable
foolproof 12V interconnects.

Mike G0MJW