My thanks to everyone for their feedback and suggestions yesterday regarding
my distortion problem.  After trying a several things that you suggested,
but to no avail, I am quite sure that I have an common mode RF problem.  I
will be going after it with common mode chokes as described by Jim, K9YC, in
his document, "A Ham's Guide to RFI, Ferrites, Baluns, and Audio
Interfacing."  It will take a bit of time to get the chokes placed at the
feed point of my HexBeam as we still have about 18" of snow on the ground
here in Michigan and I won't be tilting my tower over until it is gone.

There are a few other things I can try in the shack to temporarily work
around the problem, but I really want to get to the bottom of it and not
just put a Band-Aid on the symptoms.

This group is a wonderful resource.  Thank you all.

Stan - K6VWE