Also -- I haven't done any digital/data modes with my KX3 as yet, and may not (have a K2/100 and a K3/100 which may be more favorable for that than a barefoot KX3). However, I do have a SignaLink USB with cables for the KX3 so I may eventually use it that way portable if the opportunity arises.

I suspect the thermal conditions will stay pretty benign in CW and SSB modes.

73, Phil w7ox