Jim,

If using a headset, why the comments re speaker on-off for K3?

One reason I bought the CM500 is the need to shut out sounds if doing SSB in a noisy environment. Normally in the shack I use the speakers and MC43 hand mike on K3 (so far) and a Sony earplug for CW (singular because one ear is stone deaf).

73, Phil