Sean,

If you are interested in the W1AW QSO party for the centennial year, follow
this link:

http://www.arrl.org/centennial-qso-party

The simple rules are to get all states but there are variations on modes and so
on.  There is a schedule for the full year where you can see which states will
be having W1AW stations operating.  It is located on the ARRL web site and you
can probably find it from the link I included above.

This is a very casual contest but the trick is finding the different stations.
They are on multiple bands, operating with multiple modes although I am 100
percent CW on these.

73, phil, K7PEH