> What to invoke to make the output of the K3 go back to 100W when the KPA is
> off or stby? It presently stays at the ~30W needed for 500W out. Is this a
> KPA or K3 issue?

If you have the Aux Cable to connect the K3 to KPA500, then in the K3
Config menu, PWR SET PER_BAND. While still in that menu, the "1" key
locks/unlocks the Power knob, and it notices whether the KPA500 is in
Operate, or not.

I set my K3 to be 100W on each band when KPA500 is not in Operate, and
the appropriate level to drive the KPA500 when it is in operate.

This is adequate for normal operations, but I do wish that the Tune
button would still function, even when ATU is in Bypass mode.

-John AC6SL