The Baofeng, Wouxun and Kenwood radios use the same pin-outs. There are two plugs on the programming cable: a 2.5mm 3 conductor and a 3.5 3 conductor. The "shield" or inward-most contact on the 3.5mm plug is "rx" data and the "ring" on the 2.5mm is the "tx" data. Ground is the "shield" or inward-most contact on the 2.5mm plug. I cut the USB connector off of the Baofeng programming cable (which has a counterfeit Prolific chip that won't work on anything past X86 Windows XP) and wired it to an in-line 3.5mm 3-conductor (Stereo) socket that works with the Elecraft programming cable that comes with the KX3. To program the set of Baofeng 888s handhelds I use for my GMRS license for event management, I can just unplug the cable from my KX3 and plug it in to the modified programming cable. Works perfectly.

73, Doug -- K0DXV