You were right, Paul.  I had unpaired it before when removing the receiver
from the computer, thinking I'd restore it to the out-of-box condition.
Pairing it in the computer and then moving it did the trick.

A nice feature of the K360, besides the wireless operation and its compact
size, is the on/off switch, which I use to prevent the (four!) cats from
sending gibberish when they walk across it.

Thanks again, Paul.

73, Jim N7US