ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On 3/29/2014 4:50 PM, Bill W2BLC wrote:

Once a single Linux system (distribution or distro) is chosen, serious programmers will develop software for Linux.

REPLY:

I agree and I wold take it step further. A simple computer should be developed that runs the one and only Linux distro and doesn't try to be compatible with everything that comes down the pipe.

A lot of the "innovation" I see in the computer world is really just someone trying to carve out a niche, market it and get rich. Time to bring that nonsense to a screeching halt.

Done right, a Linux box like I'm describing could revolutionize computing.

73, Bill W6WRT