I can put up with the ergonomics of the K3 -- I knew about the ergonomic
issues when I bought it.  There is a limit to the amount of user interface
you can put on the front panel of a compact radio.

What does bug me is what another commenter wrote about: the K3 remains
unfinished.

It is unfinished.  It could be still even better with better software.

My biggest gripe is the digital NR -- noise reduction.  It works acceptably
on CW signals, but it is ineffective on SSB.  I have spoken to Eric
personally about this.  My Icom 746 Pro has way better NR than my K3.  The
lightest setting on the K3's NR is about like winding the knob up 1/3 of
the way on the 746 Pro, where is it too much.  This could be fixed!  This
is perhaps the biggest disappointment I have with the radio.  The NR works
better on the KX3.

Jeff / n1kdo
K3/P3/KPA500/KAT500/KX3 owner : a kool aid drinker.