Gary, glad you posted. I wanted to thank you for the fantastic work on my
heatsink. I don't get on eBay often so a big thanks to you. I have looked
and listened to all the research and designs that have been around for
several months and all seemed to have their place. I liked yours right off
the bat for it's looks. I like to use my KX3 as a handheld sometimes and
all the others prohibit this. Also the others make the radio less of what
it was designed for. Of course everyone is free to customize theirs to suit
their needs and tastes. I feel that Elecraft knew what they were doing in
designing the KX3 and your heatsink works on the same principal, just a
little more heavy duty. I was a machinist of 35+ years and I feel more than
qualified to say that the quality of your finish work is exceptional. Many
may say,"it's cnc work" but they probably have no idea the work involved.
The first thing I did was check the flatness, very good. Then I looked very
closely at all edges and surfaces. Not a sharp or unfinished edge anywhere.
73, Rick.  W8ZT