Yes. There was a thread on this subject a few weeks ago. I use a large [~150 ft elements] dipole fed with ladder line and a DXE balun. It's been up long enough that the connections between the elements and the line [copper split nuts] have corroded. At random times, especially when I haven't been transmitting for awhile, the receiver gets very quiet and the noise disappears off the bottom of the P3 baseline. One dit will restore things.

What is a DB-36?

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2014 Cal QSO Party 4-5 Oct 2014
- www.cqp.org