Hi everyone,

I have KRC2 band decoder that I used ages ago with my K2 - it still works
in that I can toggle bands when I hold the F1 button. I want to use it with
my remote TS-480 but the radio CAT isn't currently driving KRC2 at all and
I would like some advice on how to get it working, please.

Current set up: I have used the Kenwood jumper positions from the KRC2
manual and have a straight through serial cable from rig to KRC2. I am
using 4800 baud (W7 and W8 in place) and the radio CAT works with my PC.
The KRC2 is certainly in operate mode and I have a 13.8V PSU attached
(stating the obvious!)

Questions: I suspect I need to apply the handshake jumper between W14 and
W17 for the TS-480? Does the position of W7 and W8 matter for 4800 baud?
I'm assuming the manual is correct. Can any 480/KRC2 users comment on
anything else I have missed?

73

Steve

M0BPQ