On 4/15/2014 7:04 AM, buddy s wrote:
i want to improve my transmit audio using the above components.  has
anybody done this, and like to share any internal menu settings that need
to coincide with the hardware implementation.

The K3 by itself, used with any decent mic, provides excellent audio. Heil mics are over-rated, over-advertised, and over-priced. The Yamaha CM-500 headset mic produces very clean audio plugged directly into the K3, and the K3 has a built in equalizer for both TX and RX. The headphones also sound great and are quite comfortable, even for long periods. The CM500 sells for about $60. Many of us are using it.

Behringer has earned a reputation in the audio world (where I worked for 45 years until i retired) as a lousy company with poor quality products that were often designs stolen from other companies.

73, Jim K9YC