From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2014 2:53 PM
To: Elecraft Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K2 knob replacement

Well for the K3 either.  I thought the price for the pair was totally nuts!

That was up until
I got to use one.  Ordered a few days later with no regrets since either.
Had the original all black ones.  When the variety with the insert became
available I replaced the all black
with them.   That was a pure eye candy decision. It it just reminded me of
the
Collins I
wanted and the Heath SB's I had. .

The K2 has a knob from an old Ampex tape machine

Would I want a heavy knob to carry to a SOTA site, no.  But I don't do that
so maybe.
Well, most likely I would/will, just a matter of time and when I have cash
burning a hole in my pocket.

Kind of like food, you have to try it to know...

73,
Bob
K2TK  ex KN2TKR (1956) & K2TKR

delivered to k...@arrl.net