Don,
I did not consider the inherent delay of the all digital time to process.
Thinking back on my gold standard of ssb monitor circuits, the TS-830S has zero
delay due to it being all analog. My TS-850 is similar, although much more
modern than the 830 the ssb monitor is still all analog circuitry. It would
make sense in all digital rig such as the KX3 minus of course the rf circuits
but still heavily based on digital technology that there would be an
unavoidable delay in the speech we emit into the mic vs what we hear back in
the monitor circuit. Thanks for the tip.

Lane