Ah yes, the good old hemostat -- one of my most used building tools, Ian :-)

Phil w7ox

On 4/22/14, 1:20 AM, Ian White wrote:
The best tool that I have found for inserting, checking and removing the
TMP connectors is a pair of artery forceps. The finger loops and the
click lock give far better control than long-nosed pliers (smart people,
those surgeons!). Forceps are available in several different sizes and
shapes, and probably the best choice for working inside the K3 is the
straight 6-7in pattern. They are cheap and easy to find on eBay, and
well worth trying.

73 from Ian GM3SEK

-----Original Message-----
From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of
Jim LeFevre
Sent: 21 April 2014 21:03
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 intermittent receive issue

I recently corrected a similar problem on the K3 I put together. Same
symptoms, and I found when moving the coaxial cable on the main antenna
on the outside of the radio, I could duplicate the problem. I replaced
my
exterior rg-58 cable/connector three times without relief, then found
that
the SO-259 on the radio was the problem as it makes its shield
connection
by mechanical contact with the case. Cleaned all, tightened, all works
good
now. I think someone had posted that they made a redundant jumper to
tie
the connector to the antenna shield by way of one of the connector nuts
prevent this problem. Good luck. Jim WN8A

Message delivered to gm3...@ifwtech.co.uk

Message delivered to w...@socal.rr.com