So what digital mode do you think is "best"?

PSK-31 maybe, where the proponents mistakenly believe that you don't need decent antennas or more than 10W to send brag files that put a normal human being to sleep?

   "Hello my good friend Wes.  It is a pleasure to QSO you this first time.  My
   name is Jose and I was created in December 1960.  My dog's name is Poochsito
   and my locator is El10jh. The equipment here is an Elecraft K3-10 with the
   built-in tuner and the 8-pole 2.8 KHz filter, running 8.65 W to a wet noodle
   antenna up 6.5 meters and fed with 30.33 meters of RG8X.  Computer is a
   10GHz 8-core POS with 32Gb ram running a patched version of Cobal...
Interface is an ABC Technology Turbo 29 with the Gigabyte accelerator chip. Audio is fed to the Turbo 29 via Monster Cable SuperFlex HCOF with
   gold-plated connectors. Ham Radio Deluxe is used because it is way too
   complicated for the average ham and makes we holier-than-thou operators feel
   superior. Well OM... was my pleasure to QSO you. I QSL100 percent via eQSL
   after receipt of $10 US via Paypal. I wish you good health and happiness in
   2014 and want to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a
   wonderful Christmas and a Happy 2015.  73s AR N7WS de XE3BS SK SK SK... QSO
   No 456 logged 04/27/2014 0222Z."

That digital mode?