Hi,

All the ESSB talk got me wondering about how accurate the P3 might be
for measuring bandwidth.  Could someone review my method for this
outlined below and comment please:

1.  Use ATT if needed to avoid very strong signals
2.  Set bandwidth to 4 KHz.  See note below.
3.  Adjust Span on P3 5 KHz per side
4.  Shaded area above waterfall indicates K3 bandwidth

Watch P3.  Can one trust the waterfall display to show actual bandwidth?
If so, how accurate would it be?

Note:
I believe that the P3 is tapped prior to any BW restrictions, (of merit
to this exercise), so I understand that step 2 is just for my ears only,
and does not affect BW display on the P3.  Is that a correct assumption?

--
Thanks and 73's,
www.nk7z.net