In all modes or only in particular modes, Ron?

73 Phil w7ox

On 4/29/14, 2:00 PM, KM4VX wrote:
I have noticed that my P3 displays a solid carrier 6khz below the frequency
to which I am listening. When I tune to the frequency there is no sound but
a solid carrier on the waterfall and a good spike on the screen, although no
audible signal. This appears consistent on every band, a spike usually below
but occasionally above the listening frequency with a solid carrier in the
waterfall and a spike on the screen; no audible signal when moving to that
frequency, and the spike and carrier just moves another 6khz down. Nothing I
do to the K3 reception makes any difference. Any information to identify
this carrier and eliminate it would be appreciated. Many thanks. Ron