From: Kjeld Holm <k...@kh-translation.dk>
Date: 04/05/2014  06:30  (GMT-05:00)
To: elecraft <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Elecraft] Operator error or hardware fault?

Dear folks,

My Elecraft K3 with sub receiver suddenly is performing differently. I am
not aware of having done any changes to any settings at the exact time of
this change of performance (but of course I can have done something without
knowing/remembering).

Normally after activating SUB I have the main receiver in my left ear and
the sub receiver in my right ear. Now I have both (of course different)
signals in both ears at the same time (maybe a bit lower volume in my left
ear).

Also I normally hear the monitor signal (MON) with a pleasant volume with a
setting of 14. Now I have to select max volume (60) to be able to just hear
the monitor signal. This is true for both SSB and CW (yes separate
settings).

From the SPKRS connector I have a stereo cable to a special device which is
sending the signal to my hearing aids. I also tried connecting external
speakers, which did not change anything. Also I have connected external
speakers to a PHONES connector (on the front). And yes I have selected both
speakers and phones in the configuration menu.

The problem with the monitor signal seems to disappear when I am using the
internal speaker only.

But of course using the internal speaker only cannot give me separation of
the signals from the main receiver and the sub receiver.

After encountering both of these problems I have reloaded two different very
old configuration files. They did not solve any of the problems.

Do I have a hardware fault? Or are there any settings that are not
influenced by restoring a configuration file?

Best regards OZ1CCM "Kel" Kjeld Holm

Message delivered to tom...@videotron.ca