I would agree, but I prefer a bifocal magnifier head band with an external
light.  I have two, one with an extra magnifying loop..  You definitely need
some kind of magnifier unless you are very young with great eyesight or have a
pet hawk or eagle to help.  Seeing eye dogs don't help much as they have great
hearing which does not help unless you have power on and draw an arc.

Willis 'Cookie' Cooke, TDXS DX Chairman
K5EWJ & Trustee N5BPS, USS Cavalla, USS Stewart