Glenn,

R7 has no association with the voltage display - it does however have a lot to do with the current display.

The voltage detection is done by the voltage divider consisting of R9 and R10 on the control board. The voltage measured at the junction of R9 and R10 (or U3 pin 5) should be 20% of the 12 volt input (as measured at P7 pin 2).

I would wager you have a bad solder connection at R10. Measure the resistance from U3 pin 5 to ground - it should read 196k.

As for R7 reading zero ohms, I would suggest you look for a solder bridge. If you find none, then remove U6 and remeasure. Should the R7 resistance come up to normal, then U6 will have to be replaced - and be careful about taking proper anti-static measures.

Is there any chance you are using an old VOM or VTVM to check resistances? If so, know that those can cause solid state devices to conduct and may even cause damage. Use a DMM - those do not use high voltages for resistance measurements.

73,
Don W3FPR