I *am* a "SOTA guy," and I use my K2 almost exclusively. I'm giving some thought to selling my KX1 setup just because I hardly ever use it any more. I originally had the KPA100 and KAT100 for the K2 but finally sold them when I realized the K2 had become my field radio.

The K2 is not the radio for those who bushwhack their way to a destination, or for KT5X, who literally runs up 14,000 foot mountains, but for what you described, it is a truly great radio.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2014 Cal QSO Party 4-5 Oct 2014
- www.cqp.org