Jeff,

Do you have the KXV3 (transverter interface) installed? If so, remove
it, and put back the jumper that would have been removed when it was
installed (I think there's just one jumper, but check the installation
manual). There's a PIN diode on there that will blow if it sees more
than about 2W. If you don't have the KXV3, there's another PIN diode
on the main RF board that can be vulnerable. I'll forward you an email
from support when this happened to me a while ago ....

73,

    ~iain / N6ML