And yet another solution comes to mind, if you are using DM-780 you can lock your transmit frequency on the waterfall and move the receiver about as needed. Kind of a reverse operation in this context but it works. I use the lock feature frequently when working a station that walks about when I do not want to chase them up and down the band.

Jim, W4ATK