Sorry, gang, seems I posted my last note as html which I was told was stripped resulting in an empty message. Original follows.

Hi all,

Are any interested in a pdf of

"Construction of a Rhombic Receiving Antenna," US Army Signal Corps, March 20, 1943

It's 37 pages long, 15 pages of which are text and the rest tables & drawings, and is7.3 MBytes. It lays out the heavy duty design of rhombics as built by the then-US War Dept, not a backyard ham antenna project! But a ham or club lucky enough to have enough land and spare change might make use of it. Also, it contains no theory whatsoever. "Rhombic Antenna Design," by AE Harper, Bell Telephone Laboratories, 1941 is a good and similar vintage companion in that regard. Harper's report also contains construction details.

I've mentioned it before on this list, but before US Army Ft. Monmouth, NJ closed a few years ago I enjoyed using their one surviving rhombic of the 2 originals. Thinking of how much fun that was got me reading up on rhombics recently. Some photos of that shack just prior to shut down: http://udel.edu/~mm/ham/monmouth/

73,
Mike ab3ap