Tom wrote:

>I've been reading the manual for the K1....I don't see mention of
>auto-sensing of the paddle as in the K2.

That's because the K1 keyer does NOT have the "ADn" and "ADr" auto-detect
feature.

However, the K1 quick reference card on Elecraft's site at

http://www.elecraft.com/K1/K1quick.pdf

has for several YEARS contained several errors, one of which being that it
lists these functions for the K1 keyer.  (The other error is that it shows
"NB1" and "NB2" for the noise blanker functions, rather than the correct "HI"
and "LO" that actually appears in the display.)

73,
Mike / KK5F