Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 6:29 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] OT 4M

Joe,

I thought all the analog TV channels were de-allocated when we went all
digital.

Monty K2DLJ

-----Original Message----- From: Joe Subich, W4TV
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 10:27 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net

In order to be of use a US allocation should match that of the rest
of the world - approximately 70.0 - 70.5 MHz.  Unfortunately, that
is right in the middle of US TV Channel 4 and there are quite a few
authorizations on Channel 4.  See: http://www.w9wi.com/channels/4.html

Protecting the grade B contour of each authorized channel 4 station
would make any 4 M allocation off limits in much of the US.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV