The 15 m Novice band was the band of choice for me back in the day. I wasn't
sophisticated enough to have a HW 16. I worked those contacts with a DX 60 and
an HR 10. I too, had a home brew 15 meter Yagi but it was aluminum, no wood!
How far have we come! Unfortunately, i couldn't fire up the K3 as we had
thunderstorms a good portion of the day. No radio. But at least we got a rare
rainstorm   BTW, Wayne, I have a 15 meter Long John 5 element 26 foot boom
sitting on the ground next to my tower. It would make your KX3 reach out a bit
better than your 10m whip!

John KE4D

Sent from my iPad