Hello all!

I just peaked out the window and that moon is calling me.
It's almost full and that means Polar Bear Weather is here!
I even bought a Santa Cap today at the food store and I'll be
sporting it Saturday night up on the mountain. Starting last Friday, I
haven't even shaved so I'll also have a beard too. This all adds up to
Santa-on-the-Mountain! My K1 has the backlight installed in it and my
K6XX CW Indicator will point me to all my contacts just like Rudolph.

Speaking of the K6XX CW Indicator, I just received a very nice article
from Chuck, KI4DGH, on how to install a smd led into the wpm button of
your Elecraft K1. I plan to offer it as a kit. I'll let you know when I
post it on my website. Chuck takes just great pictures! This will be a
kit with few parts, but it sure looks nice in the +WPM button!

Anyway, work Santa-on-the-Mountain Saturday afternoon 2pm EST until
around 8pm EST or so. As always, the first contact I make on CW will
receive a Polar Bear Claw Replica with your call sign engraved into it.

I plan to use my camcorder to film the event too!
First I have to get up top through the snow.
It's over two miles straight up and what
will probably be at least a foot of snow on the ground.

Look for me on 7.040mhz and 14.060mhz +- qrm.   Ho! Ho! Ho!

p.s. Just listen for Santa sending .... _ _ _    ....  _ _ _

http://www.wa3wsj.com/files/PolarBear2005.html

72/73,
Ed, WA3WSJ
Polar Bear #1