All KAT500 Utilities versions for Windows, Mac and Linux should be able to
fetch and install current firmware. Try clicking Copy Files from Elecraft, and
it should get the current production firmware from our FTP server to your local
computer file system.  If it does not, you can use your web browser to copy
files from ftp://ftp.elecraft.com and navigate to KAT500/firmware.  Once you
have the files in a folder on your local computer, use the KAT500 utility
firmware tab browse button to move to that folder location.

New KAT500 utility versions add dialogs for new firmware functions.  But you
can do all the new things with an older utility with the command tester and the
KAT500 serial command reference.

73 de Dick, K6KR