I can give you some practical experience if you so choose. I live
near Ovid which is not too far from Gaines. Remember the DSP is an audio
device and a strong signal will push the AGC up. However I am able to
copy through some very strong signals with the notch engaged. We have
some great tuner uppers on 75. I sometimes think this is how some do
their hamming...
        The notch is left on when chatting for this reason....
        Contact me off list if you would like to play with the DSP ,
would need a little time to get rid of the mess..
                Gil    K8EAG      73