My KAT500 is always on.  It is forever on.  It is on, and on, and on.  Almost
never is it off.  The only time it is off is when I am out for some extended
time period (more than 24 hours) and I throw the master switch that turns
everything off.  Other than that, the KAT500 with its cute little green LED
lights is on.  In my shack, when all the other equipment is off, the KAT500 is
on.  Actually other than the master switch, I am not sure if I have ever turned
off the KAT500.  I may not know how to turn off the KAT500.

The K3, the KX3, the KX1 are not like the KAT500.  They are turned off each
night just prior to me climbing up the stairs to the main floor of the house to
bed down for the night.  I turn off the K3 and KX3.  I never turn off the
KAT500.  I turn off (front panel off) the KPA500.  I turn off the lamps in the
shack.  I put my two Mac computers to sleep (sometimes).  I make sure
everything is off except for the KAT500s that remain on with their little green
LED lights shining thru the night.

Green, green, the lights they shine, those LED lights at night.  Green, green,
the KAT500 stays on, it stays on thru the night.

73, phil, K7PEH

P.S.  you know, each morning when I go to turn on the K3, I find that the
KAT500 is already on and ready to do its deed for the day.