Pardon my ignorance, but can I get some clarification on a few things?

1)  Is phase noise the measurement of the instability of an DDS?  If so, does
this mean a cheap part is being used?  Does a GPSDO or a OCXO reduce phase
noise?

2)  How does this impact TX only, and why does it create such an issue to
nearby listeners?

3) Does phase noise go down if you use a faster master clock?  The Flex 6700
uses a 983.04mhz vs a 122.99Mhz clock in the 6300.

4) Do low phase noise radios allow in-band use, such as someone on CW on 20M
and someone up on voice on 20M?  What is considered a low value?

Sorry for so many questions, but this is still a very difficult concept for me
to grasp.

Thanks

Chris