ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On 6/20/2014 2:20 PM, Steve, K4FJ via Elecraft wrote:
Until recently, I have not been interested in the P3 because I didn't think it
would be useful for my way of operating.  Now, I think I am missing something
quite useful but I need to get educated on it.

REPLY:

I use the P3 for two things primarily:

1. Finding stations when the band appears dead
and
2. Finding a clear spot to call DX when working split, or alternatively, finding the calling station so I can be on his frequency.

There are other radios which have a version of a "spectrum scope" such as my two recent Icoms, but the P3 is so far superior in resolution and menu options that there is almost no comparison. The P3 is enough reason alone to buy a K3. It is expensive but you get what you pay for. You will not be disappointed.

73, Bill W6WRT
dez...@outlook.com