Hi Jim,

Thanks for the informative response.  I dug up a fairly hefty blue torroid that
a colleague gave me some time ago when I was lamenting about a different RFI
problem and managed to get about 8 turns on it.  That has made quite an
improvement, 2 or 3 s-points at least.  I also discovered that if I grasp the
left side end-plate handle (I have SideKX end-plates fitted now, but the problem
predates their installation) the spurii drops down to a mere S1.  I'm not sure
what this means yet, though.

I'll investigate the ferrite appraoch further.

Cheers,

Darren