Richard:
I have run a double Zepp hung from the trees as you suggest. If you can do it I
would get the antenna across the tops of the trees. 45' is too low for 80M
unless you are running NVIS in which case you are too high at 45'. Keep in mind
that pine trees are parasitic so keep the wire, even if insulated, away from
the trees. Inverted V works if you can't maintain 60'.
73,
Fred, AE6QL