Bill,

I do not have the SVGA board in my P3, but do weak signal 6M operating and have no difficulty with noise floor increases on the K3 on 6M. I removed power completely from the P3 just to be sure. The noise floor stayed the same. You might remove the SVGA board and just see if that is the problem. Most modern flat screens actually do not turn fully off with the on/off switch. I would remove the power source completely to make sure the noise is not from the monitor.

JIm, W4ATK