Paul,

I would not regard 100 Hz of drift in the K1 as a design problem at all -
The K1 spec is for drift less that 200 Hz after a 5 minute warmup.

The fact that the K1 does not use a DDS vfo is not a 'design problem' as was
stated, but surely was a design decision based on price/performance with
components available at the time it was designed.  At the time the K1 was
designed, DDS units were not as available as today and were still quite
pricy - by the time the KX1 was designed, the cost of DDS had dropped
significantly.  I fail to understand how anyone could refer to this a
'design problem'.

73,
Don W3FPR

...snip... I would be Very supprised if you still say the K1 has no drift,