HI Doug:

I assume you are talking about a vertical mounted on the ground. If so, you might want to consider extending it a bit to 43 feet.. some feel that length works well on bands from 80 through 10 meters. I'f not ever done that, so I don't know.

But I have used base loaded verticals in years past. Some have said for a ground mounted vertical, you need at least 16 radials. If you can make them as long as the vertical, that'd good, but even half that size is good. More radials is better. And length is not critical.. so you can just use whatever sizes you have.

If you "elevate" the radials... then length is critical, and you would want four radials every 90ยบ for each band of interest.

Glad to hear you want to put that AL wire to good use.  :)

73 de Ray
K2ULR