Rolf,

>From your symptoms, it would appear that the EEProm is either not being
written or not being correctly read, or that the PLL is not properly
responding to the control voltages being fed to it.

First, re-check the PLL range to be certain it is correct - if it is
correct, then the PLL itself is likely not the source of your problem, so
proceed as follows:

Re-check the VFO Range selection voltages at the end of RF Board R30.  If
all voltages are not within the specified range, VFO linearization may fail
to produce expected results.

Check and re-check the soldering at RF Board U6 and U5, then check the
soldering at RF Board connector J8 - epecially pins 16, 19 and 20.  Check
the same pins on the mating Control Board connector P3.

After that, check the soldering at Control Board U7 and U6 pins 22, 23 and
24.

If everything is good at all those locations and it still does not work, you
may want to try an email to Gary mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] to see if he
has any additional suggestions.  If the problem should be in the EEprom or
the signals that drive it, that area is very difficult to troubleshoot and
Gary's expertise will be needed.

73,
Don W3FPR