Hi,
I have a friend who lives about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile from me.  He is
running a 706 MK2G, at around 10 watts.

In the past, while using a Pro III, when he came on, I was able to copy
and see signals using JT65, and work stations right next to him.

After getting the K3, I believe I was able to do this as well, or
better...  Suddenly his signal is sprayed across the entire audio
spectrum to the point, I can't even tell what frequency he is on...

I get a solid white block using WSJTx.  He and I enlisted a third
friend, to insure it was not just me that is seeing him as very wide.
The third friend lives about 4 to 5 miles from both of us, and is line
of site to my friend with teh 706 MK2G.  When the 706  MK2G lets loose,
I see the spray, but my friend does not...  He sees a nice tight signal.
It looks and sounds like phase noise...  However...

If he just does a Key down for CW at 50 watts, I can copy stations right
next to him...  It is as if his sound card, (Signal Link with internal
sound card), is adding a low level hiss to the audio, I see it due to
proximity, and my friend does not again, because he is much further
away...

This has started suddenly, and the owner of the 706 can not pin a change
to it...  We swapped in a different 706MK2G, and the same problem still
happens...

Has anyone heard of this happening with a SignalLink sound card before?

--
Thanks and 73's,
www.nk7z.net