Don,

> ... as I tuned the P3 waterfall started
> shifting as I tuned. I have the P3 setup to be fix track

Check the FixMode menu selection. It sounds like it might be set to "Slide".

Alan N1AL

On 06/30/2014 11:40 AM, ac2ev wrote:
Saturday and Sunday my K3 and P3 did a couple odd things.

First at around 14.268KHz as I tuned the P3 waterfall started
shifting as I tuned. I have the P3 setup to be fix track? Where the
green column moves rather the the whole display. When it got to
14.268 it acted like it switched modes but it was constantly shifting
right as I tuned. I couldn't "catch up" to area if activity. If I
went high or low enough below this frequency everything went back to
normal. Tried power off/power on no change. I'll try and see if it
does it tonight.

The second thing that happened was on 40m I picked up a QSO and the
P3 and K3 showed I was tuning up and down but that station would not
go away. So I don't think the K3 was actually changing frequency. I
tried switching to VFO B, same station. I don't have a sub receiver.
Powering off and on seemed to fix it.

There was a third anomaly that looked like a 15KHz wide signal on the
P3 but I couldn't tune to it. It may be related to problem 1 above.

Of note: the problem existed before and after I updated to latest
firmware. Yes I updated my firmware in the middle of fieldday.
Operating 1D so no other transmitters in immediate area.

73 AC2EV - Don

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net Please help support this
email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html Message delivered to
n...@sonic.net